Let’s talk about DEPENDENT Visas today.
Who can be your dependent?
Civil Partner (Unmarried / Same-sex partners) – LOTS of documents required, high refusal chances – avoid this route unless it’s absolutely necessary.
Bank Statement Requirement
If University is in London it will be £7605 for 28 days, each dependent.
For Universities outside London, it will be £6120 outside London
Example: If you have three dependents and your University is out of London; wife and two children, your bank statement for dependents will be 3 x £6120 = 18,360
This fee will be the same as your course and you’ll be paying it for each applicant/dependent.
For each dependent, there will be a visa fee of £348
- Course level must be Level 7 or above (Level 7 = Masters)
- Course duration must be at least 9 months
*if you are a Government-sponsored student, you can bring dependents with even 6 months or month Postgraduate course.
- Your dependent can help earn the fee or living costs while student is focused on studies (while working part-time). Dependent’s can work full-time and student allowed to work part-time.
- Once you graduate with your degree and apply for the two year Post Study Work visa, your dependents also get the 2 years extension.
- Your dependent has a lot more flexibility with work. They can either work full-time, be self-employed, start a business, etc.
- After PSW, if you choose to, your dependent can now apply for student visa and you can be converted to their dependent while they study full-time.
Supporting Documents you MUST submit
Not all the documents you see below are required by UKVI BUT but we’ve seen some refusals where students just shared their marriage certificate and basics as per UKVI requirement;
1- Marriage Certificate
2- Family Registration Certificate
3- Pictures with timeline and title explaining the picture (include pictures from your marriage till the date you will apply).
4- Bank statements of both with the same address.
5- Social Media posts.
6- Messages or Call records.
7- Cover letter (This is the most important thing, you can connect all the documents and details in this letter explain them briefly about your relationship )
8- Any shopping or food receipts.
9- Police Registration Certificate (not required for Pakistani students but useful if your spouse may want to apply for Security related jobs)
Yes, your husband can work full time but getting well-paid jobs immediately after coming to Uk is difficult (but possible) so come prepared with a few months’ living expenses for your entire family.